Non insurance Fee Schedule
- Regular appointment (1 hour) $100
- Herb only consultation (up to 30 min) $60
- Phone or online consultation (15 to 30 min) $50
- Missed or late cancelations $50
- Herbs are a separate cost and not covered under insurance plans or the above cash rates.
For non insurance appointments, Dr. Altschuler only accepts cash or check. Credit cards and other electronic payments are currently not being accepted.
All payment must be made at time of service.
Dr. Altschuler accepts the following acupuncture insurance plans: Premera, Lifewise, Aetna, Cigna, Uniform, Regence, Healthways, First Choice, Providence, Kaiser PPO, and all PIP claims (Auto accidents).
If your insurance company is not listed, please call me or your insurance company to see if you are eligible. I am not covered under Kaiser HMO. Medicare and L & I currently do not reinburse acupuncture
For those not covered under these plans, Daniel is able to provide a receipt of services or a Superbill which the patient can submit to his or her own insurance company. Most insurance companies will reimburse a percentage of the cost.
- Note that some insurance companies, such as AETNA, may only cover acupuncture ‘in lieu’ of anesthesia. If your policy has such a provision, I encourage you to contact your insurance company for clarification.
- Most policies do not cover herbs.
Note: In Washington State, insurance companies are required to cover acupuncture. However, many companies with self-insured policies are allowed to exclude this service. You are responsible to confirm with your insurance company prior to treatment whether your policy covers acupuncture.
Dr. Altschuler is dedicated to assisting you with your health concerns and does not refuse patients due to monetary concerns.